No injuries in Eagle Harbor house fire
EAGLE HARBOR – The Eagle Harbor Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire late Thursday, but no injuries resulted from the fire.
Mike Radigan, Eagle Harbor Volunteer Fire Department chief, said at about 11:30 p.m., the department responded to the fire, which apparently started after a generator malfunctioned.
“It caught the outside of the building on fire,” he said.
The fire spread into a room and caught a mattress on fire, Radigan said. The house was empty when firefighters arrived.
“Everybody had evacuated by the time we got there,” Radigan said.
Assisting at the fire were members of the Copper Harbor Volunteer Fire Department, Radigan said. About 12 firefighters were on the scene, which was cleared after about two and a half hours.