Closings and cancellations today
For Tuesday, February 19:
– Additional updates here: www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/528899.html … and sports postponements here: www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/528900.html
– The Daily Mining Gazette offices in Houghton will close at 1 p.m. today due to severe weather.
– Michigan Technological University is closed as of noon today, and all classes are cancelled. Little Huskies Child Development Center is also closed. The Career Fair in the Student Development Complex will still go until 6 p.m.
– All schools in Houghton and Keweenaw Counties are closed, along with Houghton and Keweenaw County BHK Centers.
– All Baraga County Schools (L’Anse, Baraga, Sacred Heart and Arvon Township) are closed, along with Baraga County BHK Centers and KBIC Head Start.
– Ontonagon Schools are closed.
– Ewen-Trout Creek Schools are closed.
– Finlandia University classes are canceled and offices are closed. Personnel who provide essential services to students should report.
– The Gogebic Community College Copper Country Campus (at the Copper Country Mall) is closed. The GCC Ironwood Campus is also closed.
– The Baraga-Houghton-Keweenaw Community Action Agency is closed.
– The Portage Lake District Library is closed.
– The Keweenaw County Courthouse is closed today.
– The presentation by Hugh Gorman scheduled for 4:15 to 5:30 p.m. tonight at the Finlandia University Chapel of St. Matthew in Hancock, has been cancelled.
– The Michigan Tech Family Science Night program scheduled for 6 to 7:30 p.m. tonight at The Portage Lake District Library has been cancelled.
– Weight Watchers meetings at the Super 8 Motel this morning and evening are canceled.
– Baraga County Courthouse/Administration Building will close at 1 p.m. today. The special meeting that was to be held at 4 p.m. today will be rescheduled.