End of an era
Daily Mining Gazette/Scott Viau
Shown here is the former location of Good Will Farm, now demolished. Good Will Farm acquired the Goodell family mansion 93 years ago. During that time 3,320 children were given a home. Some stayed for a short while, others for many years. The Goodell home became the Good Will Farm in 1921, but the Farm began as an orphanage with five siblings in 1899 and was located near the current Portage Lake Gold Course. During those 21 years, over 1,000 other children were provided a home and school. Between the two homes from 1899 to 2013, over 4,320 children were cared for.